Due to the recent market volatility in gold & silver, all prices are subject to change, upon market conditions!
Our staff are members in good standing with the following professional numismatic organizations:
- American Numismatic Association (ANA)
- Michigan State Numismatic Society (MSNS)
- Florida United Numistmatists (FUN)
- North American Collectibles Association (NACA)
- Professional Coin Grading Service (PCGS) Dealer #0844
- Numismatic Guarantee Corporation (NGC) Dealer #0141
Important information about Raw coins: MCCC buys and sells Raw coins. The value of a Raw coin is a function of the buyer. The value is determined by his or her expertise and grading capability. Authentication is the responsibility of the dealer. All of our coins are guaranteed to be authentic. If a question should arise, then the coin shall be sent to the grading service, for authentication, at the buyers expense. If it is determined that the coin is not authentic, then the cost of the coin shall be reimbursed along with the grading fees.
Important information about the two major grading services: MCCC buys and sells coins authenticated and graded by both of the major third party grading services: PCGS and NGC. At times we also buy and sell coins from ICG and ANACS. The value of a certified coin is a function of the grading service, the grade of the coin and the unique characteristics of the coin itself. It is important to note that rare coin values can vary widely with regard to these factors.
For a fee, the Professional Coin Grading Service (PCGS) examines, authenticates, grades and encapsulates each submitted coin in a special sonically sealed holder. Over 700 authorized PCGS dealers bid for PCGS coins on a sight-unseen and sight-seen basis. Located in Southern California, PCGS guarantees that if a PCGS coin is determined to be incorrectly graded, PCGS will pay the owner the difference in value between the original grade and newly assigned grade (for details, please contact PCGS at 800-447-8848).
The Numismatic Guarantee Corporation, located in Florida, began grading coins in 1987. Like PCGS, NGC authenticates grades and encapsulates each submitted coin in an inert plastic holder. NGC grading standards are similar to those of PCGS and NGC offers a grading guarantee as well. NGC coins trade both sight-seen and sight-unseen similar to PCGS coins. NGC can be reached at 800-NGC-Coin.
Important Disclosure Information: Rare coins can be risky and should be acquired on a long-term basis. You should anticipate holding the coins you purchase for a minimum of five to eight years. There can be no assurance that even after several years a market will exist where your coins may be sold at a profit. Certification by PCGS or NGC does not guarantee protection against the normal risks associated with potentially volatile markets. The degree of liquidity of PCGS and NGC certified coins will vary according to general market conditions and the particular coin involved.
MCCC will appraise your coins/collections for liquidation or insurance purposes, estate probate, or a determination of assets. Please contact us regarding this service; in some cases there is no charge.
Want List Service:
One of the great joys in coin collecting is finding that elusive coin and being able to obtain it at a fair price. We are committed to helping you assemble the coin collection of your dreams. We have unparalleled access to the finest known rare coins in the market. We take great pride in our service to you in this area. We will assist you in building your collection with eagerness and dedication that you won’t find anywhere else. Don’t hesitate to call and talk with us regarding your want list, or just to discuss your portfolio. Many great coins are placed with clients before they arrive on this website, so please take advantage of this service in order to maximize your chances of finding that special coin.
For select clients we offer the option of seeing a coin without the bother of sending payment upfront. We’ll contact you if we think the coin is for you, and if you are interested, we send it out for you to approve. We generally ask that you take no more than a couple of days, and then send a check or the coin back if it isn’t exactly what you had in mind. We do our best to describe coins, and learn your preferences, but sometimes you just have to have the coin in your hands to make a decision.
Take advantage of our keen insight into the rare coin market and our experience. We have helped assemble some of the finest known pedigreed collections. Whether you need help in finding just that one coin to finish your set, or don’t know what area of the market suits you, we are here to help you.
POLICIES AND PAYMENT PROCEDURES
- If you are not satisfied with your coin purchase for any reason you may return the coin within 5 days for a full refund. This policy applies to any non-bullion transaction. We would ask you to notify us within the 5 day period, that you intend to return the coin. We can then instruct you as to the best way to return the coin so that the coin will be insured. All returns are subject to a small restocking fee. This fee helps offset the cost of shipping and insurance. In some cases the fee is waived. There are very specific procedures for mailing numismatics so please call us first.
- Payment can be made by personal check, money order, bank check or bank wire or Paypal. All orders paid by personal check will ship when the check has cleared. For established clients, on approval status, orders will be shipped the same day. Most coins are shipped via USPS Priority mail or USPS Express mail for 2 day delivery. USPS Registered mail and Fedex availible upon request.
- Trades are always welcomed. We purchase some of our choicest coins from you. Don’t hesitate to offer a coin in trade, you’ll find we offer very fair trade prices.
- Layaway plans are available. The nature of collecting doesn’t necessarily lend itself to budgeting! We simply can’t predict when we might locate a coin for you…one that you just shouldn’t pass up. Just speak with us, you’ll find we do all we can to help you in your collecting endeavor.